With the rapid development of various online technologies, hundreds of new websites appear every day worldwide. That is why using these resources has become a routine activity for all research paper writers, and consequently, citing from websites turned out to be the most widespread type of citation.
Today I`m going to reveal all the secrets of citing your sources in one of the A-list styles, which is, APA format. Keep reading to be in the loop!
Why people use website citation APA?
The first thing to bear in mind is that there no guidelines of how to refer to a website citation APA. Instead, there are some precise rules on how to cite different sources, which are available online. However, the general structure of citation looks like this: Author, A. (Year, Month Date of Publication). Article title. Retrieved from URL
Be your own APA website citation generator
Let`s understand what are the basic rules of website citation APA:
1) If you have no author or you simply don`t know whose masterpiece you`re citing in your papers, you should follow this format: Article title. (Year, Month Date of Publication). Retrieved from URL
2) The other case is when you need to transform a quote from a book found in a database/ e-book from an e-reader into a citation (what APA website citation generator would do in a few minutes). Here, you`ll have to stick to such structure: Author, A. (Year of Publication). Title of work. Retrieved from http://xxxx or DOI:xxxx
3) If you`re dealing with citation from a magazine found online, your task is to comply with such formula: Author, A.A.. (Year, Month of Publication). Article title. Magazine Title,Volume(Issue), Retrieved from http://xxxx
4) Citing from a newspaper discovered in the net: Author, A. (Year, Month Date of Publication). Article title. Newspaper Title, Retrieved from newspaper homepage URL
5) In case with journal article accessed online your to-do list will look as follows: Author, A. (Publication Year). Article title. Periodical Title, Volume(Issue), pp.-pp. DOI:XX.XXXXX or Retrieved from journal URL
Utilize our APA citation generator for websites
In case you don`t have that much time to spend on dealing with in-text citations, you can make use of APA website citation generator, where you`ll only have to type the info about the resource and the citation will be generated automatically. Citing like a real pro in APA is now a matter of a few clicks with APA citation generator for websites!