Surely, APA is that popular and each academic work writer has conducted and formatted works in this writing style. The rules of this style are to be followed and understood in order to omit being accused of plagiarism. And nowadays with the development of the Internet and various online resources, using a website as a credible source for citation has become popular.
Everything you need to know about APA website
You need to follow the guidelines of APA style in case your paper belongs to such fields: experimental report, literature review, social sciences. Moreover, your task is to cite APA website if the source you`re using to provide some info in your paper was found in the World Wide Web (any website).
Tricks in referencing in APA format website
When it comes to completing an academic work one can`t avoid dealing with references. If we`re speaking about the latest edition of American Psychological Association, we are to understand that not only APA website references, but also all references in total are to be located at the last page of your work.
Here are the most necessary rules to format references in the APA website situation:
- The structure of a reference of the article from an online periodical coincides with that of a printed one.
- If the DOI is showcased, follow this structure: Author, A. A., & Author, B. B. (Date of publication). Title of article. Title of Journal, volume number, page range. doi:0000000/000000000000 or http://doi.org/10.0000/0000
- If there is no DOI: Author, A. A., & Author, B. B. (Date of publication). Title of article. Title of Journal, volume number. Retrieved from http://www.journalhomepage.com/full/url/
- If the article is in the database, the whole reference is the same as in the previous example, but you are to add «page range» after «volume number».
- Newspaper article: Author, A. A. (Year, Month Day). Title of article. Title of Newspaper. Retrieved from
- E-book, online dictionary or encyclopedia: Author, A. A. Title of the document. Retrieved from http://www.adress.com/
What to do when it`s hard to cite APA website?
The thing is that in the case of APA format website there is no general rule or structure to follow or comply with in order to make your papers APA-like. Instead, you are to follow guides on how to cite different sources in online formats.
Thuswise, our advice is to make use of modern tools and websites, which will help you cite APA website in a few moments.