There is no doubt that every scholar and writer refers to some works in his or her papers using citation machine. And in this article I`ll clear out the most used (a.k.a. cited) academic papers.
The most cited works of citation machine
First, let`s understand why some papers are referred to more than others and utilized in citation generator sites. In the view of this, I`ve picked out three main things that predetermine the amount of times a particular research work will be potentially cited.
Rules to become citation generator winners as for the number of being referred to
Rule #1: The field matters
If you`re writing a work about tech breakthroughs and theories, you are most likely to be referred to in a citation maker.
Rule #2: The journal means a lot
If the journal you`re work is published is recognized, popular and has become sort of a brand name, your work will be cited a lot. The winners you`ll see below were published in such journals: J. Biol. Chem., Nature, Anal. Biochem., Proc. Natl Acad. Sci. USA, Phys. Rev. B, J. Chem. Phys., J. Biol. Phys., Nucleic Acids Res.
Rule #3: The topic is vital
If you are describing some theory, you`re winning the game.
Top 5 frequently cited papers as told by citation maker
Let`s have a closer look at the papers, which are located at the top of the charts by the, thus wise, were cited the most.
- Therefore, number five is «Single-step method of RNA isolation by acid guanidinium thiocyanate-phenol-chloroform extraction» by Chomczynski, P. and Sacchi, N. This work was cited 60397 It dates back to 1987.
- Fourth place belongs to «DNA sequencing with chain-terminating inhibitors» conducted by F., Nicklen, S. & Couslon, A. R. And published in 1977.
- «A rapid and sensitive method for the quantitation of microgram quantities of protein utilizing the principle of protein-dye binding» of Bradford, M. M. takes place number three with the estimated number of times being cited: 155530 since 1976.
- Number two goes to «Cleavage of structural proteins during the assembly of the head of bacteriophage T4» written by Laemmli, U. K. in 1970. Since then it was cited 213005
- And the absolute winner of free citation machine was 305148 times cited. This is the masterpiece of Lowry, O. H., Rosebrough, N. J., Farr, A. L. & Randall, R. J. published in Biol. Chem. in 1951.
Projections of a free citation machine about new most cited research papers
Bearn in mind that even the discovery of an ozone whole (major news) or the paper about the structure of DNA (only 5207 citations, say what?) missed out!
Taking this into account as well as the stats above, you can see that the papers, which are focused on the topics of software development and methods, dominate the chart and it will be fare to make a guess that this trend will continue to increase.