ACS Format Citation Generator for Ebook
As with other online sources, ebooks are often referenced in scientific works. Thus, the ACS style provides a set of rules to regulate the citations and make sure all sources of such nature are referenced in a manner that will give future researchers full information about the material cited.
Every ebooks citation has two components:
- A brief identifier in the text right after the information cited (in text citation)
- A full reference in the referencing list that our free ACS ebook citation generator can help you with very effectively
ACS in text ebook citation
There is really nothing special about ACS in text ebook citation and you can do it in one of the three ways offered in the style guide:
- By inserting a superscript number at the end or within the piece of information you have cited. The numbers are used in a subsequent order. However, if you cite a certain source more than once, always use the same number.
- By inserting an italicized number at the end or in the middle of the piece of information cited. The same rules apply as with the superscript numbers.
- By specifying the author’s name and the date of the publication. If the author’s name has already been mentioned, only keep the publication date.
- Understanding the history of matter and searching for its most interesting forms, such as galaxies, stars, planets and life, seems a suitable use for our intelligence.4
- Kirshner4 states that understanding the history of matter and searching for its most interesting forms, such as galaxies, stars, planets and life, seems a suitable use for our intelligence.
- What is possible in the Cavendish Laboratory may not be too difficult in the sun. (4)
- Eddington (4) states that what is possible in the Cavendish Laboratory may not be too difficult in the sun.
- Things are as they are because they were as they were. (Gold, 1980)
- Gold (1980) states that things are as they are because they were as they were.
ACS referencing style for ebook in the references list
Once you have properly numbered or identified your sources in the text, you can proceed to gathering them in your reference list (a task that our online citation generator will make so much easier for you).
ACS referencing style for ebook does not differ much from that of a paper one. However, as with other online sources, a web location and the last access date are to be added. Also, if there were updates to the online material, the dates of such changes and updates have to be provided. The corresponding style guide offers the following guidelines (that are all included into the algorithm of work of our e-book citation generator):
- For regular online books:
Author 1; Author 2; Author 3; etc. Name of the Book [Online]; Information on the Series to which it belongs (if any); Publisher: City of Publication, Year; Volume Number, pages. URL (accessed Month Day, Year).
- For edited books:
Author 1; Author 2; Author 3; etc. Chapter Title. In Book Title [Online]; Editor 1, Editor 2, etc., Eds.; Series Information; Publisher: City of Publication, Year; Volume Number, pages. URL (accessed Month Day, Year).
- For online encyclopedias:
Article Title. Title of the Online Encyclopedia, edition [Online]; Publisher, Posted Online Date of Publishing. URL (accessed Month Day, Year).
To avoid all the trouble, use our ACS format citation generator for ebook sources and you won’t need to dig into the style guide norms! With regularly updated algorithms, it can take care of your citation, no matter which style you are required to write in.