The Advantages of Using APA Format Citation Generator for Book with Us!
References to essays, research papers or articles should be prepared according to certain rules. We ensure high quality of this process over:
- Simple way of filling suggested form;
- Following the latest version of citation style (APA style 6th edition);
- Provision of illustrated instructions of APA referencing style for a book;
- User-friendly interface and additional functionality for further formatting and storing of lists of quotations;
- Formation and the correct preparation of books citation within a short time.
Hint: The student can use any readable font, but the American Psychological Association recommends Times New Roman of size 12.
The Rules of APA Referencing Style for a Book
1. The book with one author or two to seven authors requires the following order of referencing:
Author(s) with his/her (their) Last name(s) and initials. (Year of publication). The book’s title. The number of edition, starting from the second one. Location of Publisher: Publisher’s name.
- Example: Shaw, W. H. (2016). Business Ethics. Boston: Cengage Learning.
- Example: Lerner, R. M., Easterbrooks, M. A., Mistry, J., and Weiner, I. B. (2013). Developmental psychology. Hoboken, N.J: John Wiley & Sons.
2. If the number of authors exceeds seven people, online citation generator will put an ellipsis after the sixth author and specify the name of the last author:
Schiller, B., Holler, N., James, D., McDown, D., Maden, S., Silver, K., …, Brown, F. (2011). Modern Macro Economy. 10th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill Education.
3. APA format citation generator for book also analyzes several books of the same author(s) and suggests the way to arrange them as follows:
- Example: Holler, B. (2011). Modern Macro Economy. 10th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill Education.
- Example: Holler, B. (2013a). Modern Macro Economy. 10th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill Education.
- Example: Holler, B. (2013b). Modern Macro Economy. 10th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill Education.
- Example: Holler, B. (2014). Modern Macro Economy. 10th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill Education.
4. Citation of a chapter in a book needs to mention page numbers:
- Example: Holler, B. (2014). Fiscal and Monetary Policy. In: Holler, B., ed. Modern Macro Economy, 10th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill Education, pp. 45-67.
What Includes a Proper APA in Text Citation for Book
APA format uses in text citation of the “author-date” order. This means that the author’s name and the year of the source publication should appear in the text, e.g. (Jones, 2012), and complete information about the source – in the list of sources used.
For short quotes, APA in text citation for book is organized as described above, but with reference to the page number.
Quotations longer than 40 words are arranged as a separate paragraph without quotes. To do this, a quote should be started after text entry, departing 1.27 cm from the left margin, and the entire citation should be typed with an indent. However, textbook citation generator still requires information about the author, publication year, and page in the same manner as in the short citations.
With the help of our free APA book citation generator, the student can easily create and convert links to the famous international format (style) of citation.