Follow Some Clues of APA Format Citation Generator for Journal Article Given Below
Properly formed reference list demonstrates author’s ability to work with information, engaged in its search, analysis and processing. In this regard, it is recommended to adhere to some academic requirements:
- Journals’ titles are specified, fully preserving application by the journal of capital letters, punctuation marks and italics;
- APA referencing style for a journal article makes listing of sources in alphabetical order as well as for all other sources according to APA style 6th edition;
- When making a list of sources, the DOI identifiers are included if they are available;
- Regardless of how the in text citation is prepared, the general requirement for the list of references is that absolutely all references listed in the text should be reflected in the source list at the end.
Here are the Guidelines of APA Referencing Style for a Journal Article
1. The journal article written by one author and no more than seven authors should be cited in the next sequence:
Author of the periodical. (Date of its publication). The title of the journal article. The name of the periodical , Volume (issue), number of page(s).
- Example: Williams, N. and Keller, J. (2008). The Effects of Information Overload on the Human Behavior. American Journal of Psychological Behavior , 32(5), pp. 84-98.
2. Multiple authors (over seven writers) will be referenced similar to the above order, but with the additional element – ellipsis – when six authors will be typed, after the comma it will be put, and then the seventh author will be named. The rest elements remain the same:
- Example: Williams, N., Rogers, M., Samuelson, L., Oliver, R., Keller, J., Toffler, S., …, Morrison, L. (2008). The Effects of Information Overload on the Human Behavior. American Journal of Psychological Behavior , 32(5), pp. 84-98.
3. APA format citation generator for journal article offers citation of online journal articles in the below manner:
- Example: Sirirak, S., Islam, N. and Khang, D. B. (2011). Does ICT adoption enhance hotel performance? Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Technology , 2(1), pp. 34 – 49. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/17579881111112403
- Example: Sirirak, S., Islam, N. and Khang, D. B. (2011). Does ICT adoption enhance hotel performance? Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Technology , 2(1), pp. 34 – 49. Retrieved from: http://www.emeraldinsight.com/doi/abs/10.1108/17579881111112403
The Instructions of APA in Text Journal Citation
In the APA style for the bibliography of references to both printed and electronic sources of information, online citation generator references such details of periodicals as the name(s) of the author(s) and the year of its (their) publication(s). It means the order of journal article citation is the same as the citation for books.
Over the internet, many publications’ samples can be found. If any formatting rule of APA in text journal citation is not entirely clear, it is recommended to get a similar assignment and use a similar format (work needs to be downloaded from the trustworthy site).
The application of our specialized free APA journal article citation generator for the collection and storage of bibliographic data will definitely ensure the accuracy, comprehensiveness and informative value for scholars and readers.